BS38 carb slides

jchrisk1

XS650 Junkie
Reaction score
Hey all, I'm another noob that's been lurking. I usually can find the information I need thanks to everyone's questions and posts. Great site.
Today I had a look at my carbs and noticed the PO put the tops on with the diaphram sticking out of one of them. And of course it is chewed up. I can't seem to find these anywhere. I have a '78 SE with 38's. Mikes says they are currently unavailable. What should I do? Should I get a different size set of carbs? I am nowhere near needing them right now as I have the bike stripped down. I'm just looking to the future. One part at a time.

The '78-'79 slide/diaphragm assembly has been unavailable for some time and may never come around again. Honestly, you don't want the whole assembly, it's very expensive. Instead, just replace the diaphragm on your slide. A pair of replacement diaphagms only are available from JBM for about 1/3 the cost of 2 new complete slide/diaphragm assembles.

The '78-'79 slide/diaphragm assembly has been unavailable for some time and may never come around again. Honestly, you don't want the whole assembly, it's very expensive. Instead, just replace the diaphragm on your slide. A pair of replacement diaphagms only are available from JBM for about 1/3 the cost of 2 new complete slide/diaphragm assembles.

This is the route I took. $40 for a pair and they're very well made.

Back