bs38 float bowls and jets on bs34 bodies

sailorsam

Blood, Sweat and Gears!!
Reaction score
I think the PO tried to do a "swap" of bs38 bowls complete with stock jets onto bs34 carb bodies!! I'm pretty sure this won't work!! I have a pair of bs38's that are in "VERY ROUGH" condition , could be rebuilt. I'm running pod filters and straight pipes(38" approx.) she runs but has the tell-tale flat spot and "sharp" toned popping just off idle( too lean?). the bodies "look" like bs34's (4 holes on the venturi), but the mix screws are like the bs38's. I'm very confused!!!!:wtf: I'll post some photo's when i get home tonight.

That can't happen. The physical size and shape of the bowls wouldn't permit it. They just plain won't fit. Also, the main and pilot jet mounting area in the BS38 bowls would hit the main and pilot jets hanging out of the bottom of a BS34. A BS38 bowl won't even come anywhere near seating against the BS34 carb body.

The bell mouth on 78-79 BS38s "looks like" BS34s That's probably what you have, 78-79 BS38s. Fairly positive tbe 34-38 bowls won't interchange.

gggGary hit it right on the head. I didn't know the "bell mouth" was the same on the later bs38's, now it all makes sense. Also nice to know that the bowls will not interchange at all Thx 5twins!! This freakin build will get done sooner or later if it kills me!!!! Thought i was just about done until the charging and carb issues popped up!!

Back