Build Thread

RoadGlide

Nick
Reaction score
Here is the progress on my current project. It is by no means perfect or finished. Yes it is my own creation and I trust my life on it...not yours :)
I have never built a custom bike but what a platform to start from. I truly love working on these. I started back in April thinking I would have this done by June. :laugh: It is now August and I am stilll working on tail light/ license mount, new headlight and I have decided to upgrade ignition. So hopefully I get this done by the end of the month :shrug: But when, does not matter because it is now a passion of mine. And I have the 2nd project already lined up.- :thumbsup:
Being my first I have learned most things the hard way. Yes buy then read the manual. Yes download and read the carb guide. After putting a couple miles on the bike I already have a list of my own design flaws that will be addressed come winter. But for now I want to enjoy my bar hopper!
As I bought it-
0406122009.jpg

Tore it down
XS1.jpg

Mock up done
xsa.jpg

As it sits in my garage now. Just a few more details!
0801121115a.jpg

0801121115b.jpg

Last edited:
Sweet progress...Is that a stock tank frisco mounted? I like everything but the massive tank

Its a sportster King Peanut. It is what I had in my shop. I like the way it turned out. I am not a little guy at 5 11 220lbs. It fits me. I plan on moving the petcock this winter.

I got the new headlight and tail light installed yesterday and was able to put a few miles on today. I am throwing the Mikes pods away and ordering the UNIs tonight. Otherwise it went off without a hitch. Rides straight and runs strong. This being my first I am very happy on how it turned out. Heres the final project.

DSCF4224.jpg

DSCF4227.jpg

DSCF4226.jpg

DSCF4225.jpg

Back