Built-In Bluetooth Comms

Brian G

XS650 Member
Reaction score
Hi All -

I'm wondering if anyone on the board wears a bluetooth-equipped lid which they use (predominantly) for inter-bike communications with their S.O. The lady in my life rides a CB550K and I'm thinking that voice communication would be a lot better than pulling alongside and exchanging undecipherable hand signals. I also lost her one time when the main fuse blew on the Honda and I was miles down the road before realizing that she was not there! :doh:

I'm looking at a pair of Torc-22s as we (think) the built-in units would be better. Does anyone have any experience with them - or something similar?

Thanks and Regards,

A mate of mine has a Bluetooth setup. I will try and find out the brand and model but his clips onto the helmet and he can talk as a two-way, group, or take phone calls. Never really looked at it much as I wear a half helmet.
All I know is that I have been speaking to him on the phone while he was sitting on 110km/h on a freeway and it was clearer than my home phone!!!

If I lost the wife I think I'd be ok with that.
She's like a car though. Eventually she finds her way back. :)

Posted via Mobile

We have scala rider g9 powerset for each of us. Tres pricey, but the work and I can listen to the radio if I'm alone or needing something other than my own voice in my head.

I considered a Scala unit.....but then I realized I dont really want to have conversations with my significant other going down the road....lol. Id rather not hear about the latest episode of whatever....who said what on Facebook......etc

YMMV.

For what its worth EVERYone Ive talked to that had a Scala unit was happy with it. Pricey.....but sounds like its worth it.

Back