Bushings & Bearings

hal26

XS650 Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm building a stripped down XS based on an 81 special. minimalist style- no front fender ,kick only,frame cleaned up. Kept the rear 16/mag. got lots of other bikes to ride when I wanna go fast. This bike had only 2,074 miles on it when parked in 89. Was a rusty mess. Putting it back together now and I have to say,the plastic original swingarm bushings are as tight as new and so are the steering head bearings. I am already way over budget on this one with Gordon Scott Eng. 2 into 1,custom seat etc. and still many large purchases to go. I have 6 running bikes beside this one for any type of riding I want to do. Do you guys think that it is foolish for me to not do the bushings/bearings? Two less chores and $100 I can blow on some other stuff for it. This scoot is more about show than go.,not to mention the fact that I am 6'4" and 230 and this tiny bike is just for fun,not serious corner scratching.

I agree on that. Just keep them well lubed and adjusted properly and they should last a long time.
Leo

Thanks guys! I have to say I am pleasantly surprised that I don't REQUIRE the latest and greatest...For once I get to take the easy way out.

Back