Butterfly shaft seals

Id buy OEM for those. Its a bit of a pain fitting them, so you might as well make sure it only gets done once! If i recall OEM seals were fairly cheap.

Thanks everyone. I was going to get some jets from 650 Central. Thought I'd get the shaft seals there as well. Maybe I'll look around for OEM ones.

YP-256-14997-00-00=74dc0da0.gif

Partzilla has them for $2.53 ea.

Yamaha Sportscenter has them for $2.55 ea.

Retail is $3.95 ea. Unless you're ordering a load of stuff, the local dealer should come out cheaper.

Im a looser, and dont listen to me, but.....

I did use the ones from Mikes and so far so good. Didnt want to wait for my yama dealer and mikes is overnite shipping for me,....1 day.... I hate paying the shipping, but it is very fast. The seals worked fine for me. I may order a set from the dealer to keep in my parts drawer. But no complaints from me for the mikes seals. OEM has to be better, but so far so good with mikes. Best of luck.

Just my opinion but rubber has a shelf life, I like to get things like these seals from a volume dealer like partzilla not off some podunk dealer's shelf where they may have been sitting for who knows how long.....

PS I KNOW partzilla's stock is fresh, because my last order cleaned out all their stock and I had to wait a couple of weeks for the last seal to ship.

Im a looser, and dont listen to me, but.....

I did use the ones from Mikes and so far so good. Didnt want to wait for my yama dealer and mikes is overnite shipping for me,....1 day.... I hate paying the shipping, but it is very fast. The seals worked fine for me. I may order a set from the dealer to keep in my parts drawer. But no complaints from me for the mikes seals. OEM has to be better, but so far so good with mikes. Best of luck.

I love the first part of your reply, even more. Whatever works I guess. I just heard the OEM ones were better. All I know is I need some. The way I see it is that any new seal is better than what was in a 40 year old carb.

I love the first part of your reply, even more. Whatever works I guess. I just heard the OEM ones were better. All I know is I need some. The way I see it is that any new seal is better than what was in a 40 year old carb.

I agree with new being better than old, regardless of manufacturer. The OEM will probably be better over the LONG haul, but mikes worked fine for me. I may never know the difference between the two. If time and money are of no consequence, go OEM. If youre an anxious ball of 'I WANT IT NOW" then mikes will work.

GgGgGgary has a point too. If i were ordering a russian bride, Id want her to be as fresh and young as legally possible, not some old frozen Mom-cicle thats been on the shelf since the cold war.

The good news is, the parts are very cheap and relatively easy to replace. No one wants to do anything twice,....sex excluded.... but if you have to, it should be easy and cheap.

Dont skimp on anything inside the engine.

Back