Cam chain adjuster cover

I'll make sure what I have is compatible
I know all 3 rods are the same length but I'll have to see if if both screws are the same length and see what size the washer is too
I don't use my micrometer a lot but it comes in handy for this kinda measurement
Thanks !!

If that rubber/metal damper washer in your pic is original then that screw should be 59mm long. If your spare assembly came from an '80 or older model then it's screw is probably 60mm long. But, MikesXS sells that rubber/metal damper washer and claims it's an "upgrade", so it could have been swapped onto your adjuster. Yes, measure the screw lengths .....

ScrewsCompared.jpg

The rubber/metal washer is 1mm thicker than the old copper one, that's why it's screw has to be 1mm shorter .....

DamperWashers.jpg

Old adjusting screw 59mm and washer is 3 mm
That should be the combo I want plus I have the copper washer from the new to me one

Yes, either or. MikesXS claims the rubber/metal washer is an upgrade but I've tried both and frankly, I didn't notice any difference. The issue that arises when using the 3mm thick rubber/metal washer with the older 60mm long screw is that the plunger no longer comes out flush with the end of the adjuster screw, it's inset some. This makes adjusting difficult. You can make it flush if you tighten the piss out of the adjuster screw but that's not right. It makes the chain way too tight. Mike's fails to mention this "glitch", lol.

That's why I come here and don't shop there

72mm is the magic number for total length washer and adjusting screw

:banghead::banghead::banghead:
I can add and subtract but writing or typing is where my weakness lays
Let's see 59+3 = 62 (I actually typed 72 again and had to correct it jeez)

Back