cam chain pivot arm

DIRTY DOG

XS650 Guru
Reaction score
any one know if this part can be changed without braking the vam chain,
I have never done one with out braking the chain,( and have the tools to do so) I'm putting a new D I D endless chain and a new pivot, I'd hate to brake the chain the crank is out for rephase
and I going throught he eng new pistons cam chain and pivot and guide and seals and bearings.:shrug:

Hey, 5twins. I can only guess that I'll find the answer to my quest about the endless chain, but the last 2 times, in the last 2 threads, you had answer to my question, but the site sent me to Amazon. Twice, yes. No shit. Anyway, I'm trying to be a good 650 owner and not bother people, (knowledgable people like yourself), too much. I just bought an endless chain and in my head I had figured it out, then I looked at the rear cam chain slider and said what the fart! I'll just drill it out. Don't need that rivet anyway. The 4 bolts will keep it rigid. But, I need someone's knowledgable opinion. So, as 2M said, yes, the guy with 3 metric tons. Tag, ur it! Well?

Last edited:
Yes, it appears that 650Motorcycles.com has lost their hosting domain or just decided to fold up. Too bad, there was lots of good stuff there. But, the way you've figured it out, just drilling the rivet out, is basically just what that link said. No need to re-rivet it afterwards, the 4 mounting screws will hold it together.

Back