cambell hausfeld spray kit chk018 any good?

angus67

Welder's penetrate deeper!!
Reaction score
hey guys, Dad got me this CH paint gun kit for christmas.
http://wwww.sears.com/campbell-haus...0916890000P?prdNo=15&blockNo=15&blockType=G15
He got it at sears, and said the saleman said it isnt for painting cars, wich I would like to try my hand at with my 67 fairlane, after learning body work.
I'm thinking he said that because it isnt designed as a hvlp gun.

Any thought? comments on this gun? Pros and cons?
Good gun to learn on?
Ive looked for online tutorials, but The buffering is the worst trying to watch videos.
I know its not the best, but I do know it isnt the worst.(looking your way, Harbor frieght)
A friend of mine used a HF gun for his rf900, turned out great, but had to rebiuld the hf gun right outta the box.

I wouldn't use that gun setup for painting a car.The larger one has no fan adjustment. Although the smaller one would work for Painting a motorcycle.A 67 Fairlane is a very large project to learn on.Practice and more practice is your friend when it comes to body work and painting.Start small.
Sears item #00988567000 Campbell Hausfeld looks to be a decent starter gun.
I use a GTi Millenium HVLP Gravity Feed guns for everyday paint work and they work well.

I have seen guys use the electrical paint guns from JCW with great success. Me I know my limits and I also have a friend that is a great painter.

i'll have to throw something thru it and see what it does. What could i spray out of it just to see? watercolor?

I've gotten good results from the Harbor Freight HVLP guns. I did have to go through both of mine (a big and a small) but I had to do the same thing with my DeVilbiss suction gun several years ago.

They did have a problem when shooting clear; clear is thin because it has no solid pigments. It was really difficult to get that correct volume between going on dry or going on like a garden hose. But that's why the pros buy $300 SATA or etc guns instead of $50 HF pieces and in the end I got decent results.

Back