cams

FLEA

XS650 Guru
Reaction score
looking for the specs on a cam grind,will be using it for street and h/way.have rephase,mikes 750 kit,5th odrive and high ratio primary gears and a upgraded head(ported,titanium o/s valves,springs,slightly milled and ceremic coated) wondering what the best cam grind would be. shell--.405 lift..duration 258../ megacycle 420 lift 272 duration...megacycle street--415 lift..250 duration ...these are not the full figures and only using these as a eg im looking for the best street reliable and usefull cam grind.any info would be great

I'll be going with the shell #1 with my current engine build
5th OD + the HR primary, I was looking at the same set-up. Have you run it yet.?

no hotdog,still in the 3 year acumulation of the parts.almost ready to start.have talked to ivan and ordered the hr primary today.will be sending the basket and cover to him next week.only need a few more parts and will be getting stuck in (pamco petes rephased ig and advance and retard when he finishes it...hint hint) but it might be worth talking to ivan as hes running both h/r and 5th o/d on both his road and race bike,dont know what cam hes running though.any reason you went with the shell #1 ?

Back