cam grind australia

FLEA

XS650 Guru
Reaction score
have a re phased cam that i want a shell/street grind done.anybody know someone accurate and reliable in qld or even australia (thats not to exspensive)

Yes - I had a cam & rockers reground by them for an SR500 build I did about 10 years ago, have not used them since. The quality of their work was fine.

this is a shock... quoted $500 plus postage and then he said wouldnt be exsact,a couple of degrees difference to the megacycle street cam specs,also 3-4 weeks wait which normaly translates to 5-6 weeks might have to rethink.maybe new megacycle cam and rephased by hugh when hes on his feet ( almost same price). hmmm, does the 256 cam make much differnce?

Try Daryl Hutcheon at Professional Motorcycle Tuning in Melbourne. He does his own rephased cams. Don't know anything about prices. His phone is 03 9330 4909 and 0409 164274.

Darrel sends his out to be done. Know a guy who sent his to Darrel, then the price went up from the quote, (after they received it), and the time stretched out.

Have you checked out mrrigs

Darrel sends his out to be done. Know a guy who sent his to Darrel, then the price went up from the quote, (after they received it), and the time stretched out.

Have you checked out mrrigs

a while back,he was only doing grinds then and no rephase ,( said he,d do the grind but send to hugh for rephase)also said he didnt know to much about megacycle grinds on another site.looks like he stays with the shell#1 grinds but with postage $50 ea way it still might be worth sending the cam overseas but will be looking for a few options first.any ideas.:banghead: opps meaning mr riggs not darrell

Riggs has done a write up here on how to rephase the cam the way that he does it, I was looking into doing my own, you only need access to a mill/drill with dividing head etc....I currently run one of riggs cams & have had no issues at all.

I woud'nt bother with Tighe at those prices - I'd say they could'nt be bothered with your request, but they will do it if you pay the $500...

this is a shock... quoted $500 plus postage and then he said wouldnt be exsact,a couple of degrees difference to the megacycle street cam specs,also 3-4 weeks wait which normaly translates to 5-6 weeks might have to rethink.maybe new megacycle cam and rephased by hugh when hes on his feet ( almost same price). hmmm, does the 256 cam make much differnce?

The 256 cam won't pull as hard or make the power as the megacycle 250-20 cam and why not have megacycle rephase the cam,while they weld and regrind the cam,seems the cost would be the same.

does anybody have the email address for megacycle and web cams.both have their ph nums on their sites but no email.(internatinal calls are costly)

does anybody have the email address for megacycle and web cams.both have their ph nums on their sites but no email.(internatinal calls are costly)

For wecam all you have to do is hit the link on my post and you'll go straight to their site, I've used the 59a cam in mine, nice usable street cam, with good performance.

For wecam all you have to do is hit the link on my post and you'll go straight to their site, I've used the 59a cam in mine, nice usable street cam, with good performance.

only gives address and ph nos--no email address that i could, find and for everyones info streetcam--valve lift 395/395 duration 280/280 duration@.05" 240/240 regrind$153------ racing cam valve lift 475/475 duration 302/302 duration@50"266/266 hardwelded $302 both requiring performance valve kit...also said the will do rephase cams but no price

Last edited:
Think you have to ring them, looked for the email address before and couldn't find one.

Back