Can i see a picture of how you brace your carbs with pod filters installed?

Luke4554

"PureBred Fabrications"
Reaction score
Im trying to battle vibration like everyone else. Has anyone got any good pictures showing what theyve done after installing pod filters to help from keeping the carbs from bouncing like hell. Ive got a feeling this is part of the reason my boots tore from the previous owner.

Luke:bike:

If your boots are from Mike's XS they're going to tear no matter what you do or what fuel you run; but OEM boots will also weaken when the heavy OEM carbs are unsupported by the air box. Boots from JBM Industries are much more robust; Don James designed them to hold the carbs solidly without other support, and they do just that. Another solution (no pics needed) is to drill a hole in the top plate that joins the carbs and run a simple L-bracket to a breather box screw. Make the holes in the bracket and carb bridge large enough to run the screw joining them through a short piece of rubber hose for damping, and use rubber washers top, bottom, and middle (covered by flat washers top and bottom) to complete the damping.

take a pice of somewhat flexible metal (car CD player back straps work awesome), run from one of the diaphragm cover screws to the breather screws. Thats how i do it and it super solid.

You need to keep using the original metal shrouds that cover the boots. They add much needed support. I've been running pods now for about 5 years with no additional support and I've had no boot problems.

i just like the idea of having them well supported. Our roads can be pretty bumpy and it's nice to know the boots arent taking all the weight.

Back