Can i swap rotors?

Actually, I think they're thinner (5mm vs. 7mm) but that's fine. I run a 5mm thick SR500 disc on mine, works fine. What you will need to verify is the diameter. Some of those later double disc set-ups used smaller diameter discs.

full

Okay, i found this on ebay.. the calipers read 7.09 mm. my current rotor on bike measures 7.0 . I want to drill the rotor ...but just n case i screw it up, i wanted a spare before i started drilling.. .. this rotor was the best looking deal. all the other xs650 rotors are too worn looking and or too much$. I have a drill press, so it would be much appreciated if someone who has done this could give me some insight. I will need an accurate template for the holes to get a perfect balance, as well as some advice on directional hole pattern? does anyone have a good template for hole drilling on a stock rotor? If all goes well with the 1st rotor , i might drill the other and have a spare and or an optional dual rotor set up in the future.

if anyone here has a stock rotor in great shape and willing to part with it cheap, i'd be interested in purchase.

full

Okay, i found this on ebay.. the calipers read 7.09 mm. my current rotor on bike measures 7.0 . I want to drill the rotor ...but just n case i screw it up, i wanted a spare before i started drilling.. .. this rotor was the best looking deal. all the other xs650 rotors are too worn looking and or too much$. I have a drill press, so it would be much appreciated if someone who has done this could give me some insight. I will need an accurate template for the holes to get a perfect balance, as well as some advice on directional hole pattern? does anyone have a good template for hole drilling on a stock rotor? If all goes well with the 1st rotor , i might drill the other and have a spare and or an optional dual rotor set up in the future.

if anyone here has a stock rotor in great shape and willing to part with it cheap, i'd be interested in purchase.

This is a pic of the xs1100 rotor

Back