Canadian needles - XSJohn's mods?

KentMoney

XS650 Addict
Reaction score
Hello yall,

So many of you are aware, XSJohn released notes on how to modify the xs650 needles before he went into production selling them himself.

I wanted to know if his modifications apply to the canadian needles available at mikes? I purchased these needles for the clip adjustability. Are his modifications valid for the Canadian needles, or only for the stock bs34 needles?

In addition, are the Canadian needles at mikes OEM or genuine?

What John was doing mostly was making the originals richer. The Canadian needles are already richer so probably don't need the modding. To determine whether the Canadian needles you got from Mike's are genuine Mikuni items, look for their trademark emblem stamped on them somewhere .....

MikuniEmblem.jpg

The canadian needle and johns needles look to be the same length and might work well un modified. The largest main jet john would use was a 135 for straight pipes and pod filters. I would go with a 45 piolet jet and the stock 132.5 main to start with if you run the 1 1/2 pipes and mufflers. I looked at your build thread I see your running the stock pipes and mufflers so I would try the needles center clip and see how it does read your plugs

Last edited:
Back