Capacitor with turn signals?

Very good. Is the paper yours? Figure 3 is a good visual on increasing the capacitance. You have convinced me to go with a small battery. Thanks for your help and one more thing off of my list!

Thanks for all the replies.
Speez I am asking compared to the sparx or running the sparx parallel what size cap up from this type would be a good choice and will run my bike with no hassles using the indicators? I have a battery but its dead flat, will this cause any troubles or will the PMA charge it over time?

what glenn said was "What I'm wondering about is how much is enough and is getting too large a uf going to increase the number of kicks to get things going, i.e 10,000 or two Sparx in parallel seems good based on what I've read here but what about 20,000 or more?" If anyone can answer this?? ill be stoked

Until someone answers that ill just try running the small battery I have and see how i go

Cheers

Iam running a 15000 uf 50 v cap. on my bike , PMA, Pamco , no battery. Wired in with switch like the diagram . It will always start on 1st or 2nd kick . The problem ive had with this set up, besides flickering headlight at idle, is my cap. only lasted 500 miles . Iam going to swap out and try one of the small batteries and see if they do any better. When the cap went bad it drove me nuts tryin to figure ouy what was goin on.

Back