Carb Comments Appreciated

uebe

XS Goober
Reaction score
'83SK - BS34 Carbs

After much reading, and with the manual and carb guide by my side, I disassembled my carbs and found.......

#1-The RH Jet Needle has an irregular linear groove in it.
#2- The Needle Jet has 4 symetrical grooves around the top, while the LH Jet does not.

Bike was half in a box when I got it, so I don't have much background about it. PO said it ran, but....:shrug:

I plan on cleaning the bodies and getting it back to stock. Comment appreciated !

[/ATTACH][/ATTACH][/ATTACH]

Attachments

• P1000072.jpg
    P1000072.jpg
    122.2 KB · Views: 85
  • P1000074.jpg
    P1000074.jpg
    129.2 KB · Views: 88
  • P1000081.jpg
    P1000081.jpg
    98.7 KB · Views: 85
  • P1000088.jpg
    P1000088.jpg
    91.6 KB · Views: 52
The main jet is boogered from someone removing it.
The needle jet, (see the 4 grooves?) was removed by a phillipshead screwdriver.
These are brass and soft. They get stuck, so people beat on them. The needle jet is a common sticker and folks use the screwdriver as a drift.
Just get new ones as Paulxs650 says.

I wonder how many times they hit it before discovering it comes out the other way.
Enough to make the grooves no doubt.
Another wonder. It is the lower lip that is sealing/metering is it deformed?

It is the lower lip that is sealing/metering is it deformed?

Suprisingly, it's not bad. Overall they're pretty good except the replaceable bits where some goon didn't think or read. I'm ordering the replacements from 650Central. Pretty cheap really for fresh stuff....compared to other things I'd like to buy, like a Shorai or Ballistic battery.

they may have known itcomes out the other way, but I bet they tried to put it in not clocked rite, and thus... the all mighty ham-fisted PO!!!

Back