Carb install help

missile150

XS650 Addict
Reaction score
OK, finally got my PWK carb kit from mikesxs. Problem is, being new to this stuff, I am not sure how to hook up all the extra fuel line tubes. There are three per carb that are attached on one end, but just hanging on the other. And as far as the main fuel line goes, I am guessing that gets hooked up to the nipple under the red rubber cap. It's like a vacuum cap put on for shipping purposes. Does any of this make sense? :confused:

(BTW, the kit does not come with any instructions as far as this, or what sizes all the extra jets are.:shrug:)

The 3 x lines you are talking about are all vent/overflow lines & must go to atmosphere, 2 will be coming from the carb body & the third from the float bowl, the fuel inlet is the larger inlet at the bowl & is usually a gold colour.
Looking at the photo on mikes xs site the fuel inlet is the one under the red cap.

The 3 x lines you are talking about are all vent/overflow lines & must go to atmosphere, 2 will be coming from the carb body & the third from the float bowl, the fuel inlet is the larger inlet at the bowl & is usually a gold colour.
Looking at the photo on mikes xs site the fuel inlet is the one under the red cap.

Thanks so much! That is tremendous help.

Back