Carb intake boots. Help please

Jtcrash

Satans proctologist
Reaction score
Hey guys. I have a 79 hat needs new carb holders. I've been to a crapload of sites looking for them to no avail. It seems to go to 77 skip 78-79 and go straight to 80 forward. Is there something very different about these two years? Am I missing something. Any help would be appreciated gents. Thanks in advance

Your 79 application is specific to 78/79 because of the use of the vacuum acuated petcocks with the BS38 carbs. 80 changed to BS34's. 76/77 used the BS38's but without the vacuum pipe seen on the 77/78 intake manifolds. If you do have vacuum actuated petcocks you do need to find 78/79 intake manifolds. Many folks have gone to standard petcocks which do not require the vacuum pipes. That widens the application to include pre 78 manifolds. -RT

Hey JT your North American 78 or 79 uses the same carb boots as the 76-77 models EXCEPT the 76-77 don't have the vacuum barbs to operate the vacuum petcocks, first used on the 78's .

You could take the barb out of the one you're replacing and put it in the new one. Sharp knife and right size drill bit.

Back