Carb jetting

Scroll down the "Related Fitment" list Mikey. They're for your bike too.
Yeah I didn't think there would be any carb differences between 80S and 80SG
I'm going to take this over to Mikeys new to him thread

I have seen 2 sets of 34 s neither of them had a Brass plug
But previous owners can have drilled it out
if on want a plug there .. Some chemical or rubber or plastic can be put there

When I took a closer look with a light it did'nt look like anyone beat them up yet and yeah anything would like that would work

When I took a closer look with a light it did'nt look like anyone beat them up yet and yeah anything would like that would work

Non US Oceania, Canadian and Euro Custom BS34's didn't have the plug over the Pilot scew.................. The reason for this is the US models were EPA mandated and set at the factory and so were the needles, (non adjustable). That way mechanics couldn't access the pilot screw and change EPA mandated settings

Pilot screws weren't shown on the parts diagram and had no part no for reference. en=ven if someone wanted to.

In amongst the parts manuals on the net there is one for the japanese 80/81 4E3 Standard and this parts diagram shows the Pilot screw and seals/ring/spring and a part no.

No after market supplier has copied the pilot screw for aftermarket sales. With the part no i found on the 4E3 diagram 5twins did a search and found a substitute pilot screw that is used on another BS34 carb and he bought it and compared it with the Xs650 Pilot screw. The dimensions are the same.

So no, the Canadian, Oceania and Euro BS34's did not have the cap over the pilot screw

Non US Oceania, Canadian and Euro Custom BS34's didn't have the plug over the Pilot scew.................. The reason for this is the US models were EPA mandated and set at the factory and so were the needles, (non adjustable). That way mechanics couldn't access the pilot screw and change EPA mandated settings

Pilot screws weren't shown on the parts diagram and had no part no for reference. en=ven if someone wanted to.

In amongst the parts manuals on the net there is one for the japanese 80/81 4E3 Standard and this parts diagram shows the Pilot screw and seals/ring/spring and a part no.

No after market supplier has copied the pilot screw for aftermarket sales. With the part no i found on the 4E3 diagram 5twins did a search and found a substitute pilot screw that is used on another BS34 carb and he bought it and compared it with the Xs650 Pilot screw. The dimensions are the same.

So no, the Canadian, Oceania and Euro BS34's did not have the cap over the pilot screw
Thanks for the reply! One more question answered
Thanks to Jim I have a few sets coming from Partzilla for $8 a piece
12R-14105-00-00
PILOT SCREW SET

Back