Carb rebuild service cheap

No I remove all the rubber and plastic parts and soak in carb cleaner. Pipe clean all orifices and jets, blow out with compressed air and reassemble. Re-jet to suit your intake and exhaust modificatons - Jets extra of course.

Last edited:
Not bad, I'll probably be in contact with you shortly. I have new jets and rebuild kits already, can I just send those with the carbs?

Not bad, I'll probably be in contact with you shortly. I have new jets and rebuild kits already, can I just send those with the carbs?
Send them along - My address is
James Alaimo
10805-102 Bahama Palm Way
Boynton Beach, FL 33437

I do have an adv. on EBay not sure which adv you are referring to. I have already done a couple of sets for a guy here on the XS650 forum - he was most pleased. I can help with sorting out jetting, just let me know what intake/exhaust, altitude and gearing.

I'll be sending them off next week, thanks. How do I make a payment? You want me to just send a check along with the carbs?

I just bought myself a 1982 heritage special, I already bought a rebuild kit from mikesxs I was going to tackle the carb myself but this sounds like a good deal. Could I send down the carbs and the rebuild kit ?

Thanks,
Mike

I am going to switch to the cone filters for the carbs as I like the look it gives the bike. I do not know if that effects carb setup? It runs right now enough that the PO drove it here but it definitely needs some work. I am thinking a good carb cleaning and refresh would go a long way in helping. I also think I should replace the petcock valve. In your experience does that help with carb longevity as it can be truly shut off from the gas? I do not know much about carbs as all my bikes have been fuel injected.

Thanks again,
Mike

Let's email directly much simpler. gentlemanjim737@bellsouth.net

Petcock has no influence on the carbs aas long s it works. On these older bikes I like a maual petcock oposed to vacuum you know for sure it is working correctly.

So you are using stock intake and exhaust?

Back