Carba and electrical on my 77D

XS650D

XS650 Junkie
Reaction score
Finally got the carbs cleaned,new jets,pilot and mains tested floats for pin holes and set them to 25 ml (no gaskets) changed out butterfly seals (lots a fun) balanced butterflys in carbs ect ect, fired er up and adjusted idle to get er to run,had some poppin in left side pipe before and still do but it can be dialed out with fuel screw turned out to 2.5 turns other side at 2 turns.I have pipes with lil baffle and pods all else stock including electrical.
I find that the one side needs to be alleast 1/2 a turn richer on fuel screw to run right,is this normal or should they be closer than that,with 1.5 turns out being the norm should i go up one more size on pilot jet,went for a ride,no poppin when lettin off throttle now,and no breakup over 5 grand now either,this is with one size up on pilot from stock,needle in middle setting,2 sizes up on mains.Cam chain was set ok already but did adjust valves a bit,dont knoe how to set timing,should i get tht done now that i have adjusted everything else.Also what could i do to quiet down and muffle the bark on thease peashooter pipes,love the look but the baffles r welded in basically a long tube with small holes in it all the way thru,i guess the welds could be cut and baffle pulled ect,is it doable.
Thx
Next step dialin in the jetting,now its gettin more fun!!

Back