Carburator holder rubber plugs

Hawkeye

Brat Boy
Reaction score
are the barbs on the carburator holders suppose to suck air as I should think or blow air? The rubber plugs keep flying off on a seemingly good running motor. As soon as the plugs pop off it starts missing as expected. Just can't figure out why? Is this a common problem? Help!

Ok Carbon, so they blow rather than suck? My God they flew thirty feet! Youre saying just bind them on? Will give it a try. Thanx!

the barbs blow and suck :doh:
yes bind them on
I'm happy that I took a pic I see this one is cracked:laugh:

Attachments

• 006.jpg
    006.jpg
    139.1 KB · Views: 193
If its doing it a lot, your carbs might need a sync.
You can also just use one long vacuum line to join the two. That way, you wont lose caps. Helps idle smoother, too.

Those cheap auto store rubber caps soon crack and fail. I prefer a bit of tygon vacuum line plugged with a small screw and yes they need to be wired or clamped in place especially if you still are running with a points ignition.

I concur with Gary. Those auto store rubber caps are complete junk, and soon crack causing the engine to run badly. I use a length of fuel line hose to join the 2 barbs. I use small "Jubillee" clamps as well. The fuel line is tough as nails and will last for many, many years.

Back