Carburetor help

Doom89

XS650 Member
Reaction score
Hey guys, I'm going to change out the carburetors on my xs650. I thought about getting the vm34s but I also heard good stuff about the pwks and the dellortos. I'd like to get some of your opinions on which ones to go with. Pros and cons etc. thanks guys!

One thing to keep in mind is if you intend to ride where there will be a lot of altitude changes. The stock CV carbs are hard to beat for that. If you ride with little altitude changes, I think all of them will work well. The Dellortos are awfully pricey, and good old Mikuni VMs are hard to beat. Seems like I've read quite a bit about problems with PWKs, but not anything definitive.

Yeah I live in Chicago, so it's pretty flat around here lol. Thanks for your input. Seems like the VMs are a good choice for their performance and price.

My only experience in your area is flying in and out of O'Hare, never left the airport. Pretty flat there, huh?
Where I live in central CA, I can ride from the Ocean to over 9000 ft in a few hours, so the CV carbs are best for me.

DLD1

Back