casey stoner ,,,,doesn,t look happy at this time......................

oldbiker

oldbiker
Reaction score
hi guys well at the weekend i watched v8 supercars,,, and young casey has a long way to go to be a top contender he,s only in the dunlop drivers section which is for new drivers ,,, yep he kissed the wall on saturday,,, and on sunday after his team fixed his car he started at the back of the pack on sunday and ended up finishing about14/15 out of 28 cars so he,s got a long way to go,,,alot of the adelaide crowd did go to see him ...regards oldbiker

Be fair to the guy. He made an error in braking causing a flat spot that eventually blew the tire, forcing him into the wall. Admitted his mistake and didn't repeat it in the second race and passed a lot of seasoned drivers.

I read that, but did not hear it with my own ears! Have not heard of such a thing from Casey Stoner.
Wonder if his ambition outweighed his talent? I'm sure Valentino Rossi was wondering the same thing!

hi guys i still think rather than ,,,,retire from bikes,,,,,, casey may have been better to look at entrying tt racing at the island ,,, the track is 35k long and it would not a cost too much to take 2 bikes and spares,,, ,,and its only 2 plus weeks ,,, ,, regards oldbiker

I think Nobuatso Ayoki was the last active GP racer to run the Island, but I could be wrong. It would be refreshing to see a world champion again that took every opportunity to race thier hearts out, but I'm sure contracts in the modern world prevent it.

Make up your own mind

Race 1

race 2

One thing to remember is when the gold cost lost the Champ Carts one of the conditions of the V8's continuing the circuit with a 600klm race was they had to have overseas co drivers, (create public interest). Ex formula 1, champ cart, and super-tourer drivers were engaged and none of them could master the V8's.

Will Stoner????? But considering he has only ridden bikes all his life, to do what he did in the second race and being a great competitor i would hedge my bets in his favor.

Most competitive motorsports types can hold thier own on 4 wheels if they can excel on two. That being said, holding your own and competeing (and winning) at the highest level of motorsport is rare indeed. Territory for the Jeff Wards and John Surtees' of the world. A rare breed, indeed.
I believe Stoner will come to excellence at most anything he tries. First full race in the support series and he hits mid-pack is not bad, but that's also what Ricky Charmichael did when trying 4 wheels.
Even if they don't rise to champions, being competitive enough to hold a seat past your first or second "novelty" season says something about the person. If a person is a world champion in one wheeled discipline and can at least QUALIFY for races in another, it's safe to say they have far above average driving skills in my book. Good luck to Casey Stoner in the rest of the season.

Back