chance to buy a 75 xs650,need help !!

Jonny Rotten

XS650 New Member
Reaction score
I found a 75 xs650 Id like to buy.Its a rigid and I dont know if my back can take it.My question is can I convert it to a softtail or a single shock or once its a rigid thats it.It already has been converted to a bopper/chopper.Its my first street bike and any modifications would be done in my garage with basic tools and know how.Id like to buy it ASAP so any help would be great.Thanks Jonny

Look man anything is possible with a welder grinder, an bfh. The thing is, are you willing to take the chance on having to covert it back, or you could just sell it if you dont want to mess with the fab work. i know around here you probably could unload it quick.

Would two shocks make much of a difference,or would it be just help slightly with the shock wave of a rigid?

Would two shocks make much of a difference,or would it be just help slightly with the shock wave of a rigid?

I'm not sure what you are asking here ... My bike is stock right now but if I am able to make the purchase I am thinking of I am going to send my frame to Hugh to be hardtailed. I don't have any personal experience with hardtails but I plan on using the choppershox if all this comes about (possibly buying a sporty from a friend for a daily rider) :thumbsup:

I dont know if i would say you are better off finding a stocker. you dont even know if you will have problems with the hard tail or not. like the man said, there is a lot that can be done to the seat suspention. If you buy it and it kicks ass, or kicks your ass, i think you caould unload it easy. You can find a stocker if you want, but you damn sure cant put a weld on hard tail on with simple tools, but you can attach seat shocks pretty easy. I dont care what anyone says, imho, lowered shocks on a stocker, just aint the same or close to a hard tail.

Good point on the resale.Not that Id want to.This bike is nothing exotic,basically a stripped down old school bike but totally redone new paint,rubber,nice chrome in mint condition on the road now for $2,900.Is that standard or Is it a home run deal?

what ever u do dont gett the shocks from la rosa design , they are for 700 pounds?????
so i cut my old shocks and used the springs off them works pretty good so far:bike:

Attachments

• seat springs 001.jpg
    seat springs 001.jpg
    297.6 KB · Views: 50
  • seat springs 002.jpg
    seat springs 002.jpg
    295.4 KB · Views: 45
My question is can I convert it to a softtail or a single shock or once its a rigid thats it
stripped down old school bike but totally redone new paint,rubber,nice chrome in mint condition on the road now for $2,900.

It sounds like you don't care if it's got shocks or not. For $2900 you can buy at least a couple of bikes with shocks. And if you would spend that money and then spend additional money to convert back to shocks, the total amount would be crazy...and you'd have a bike with a welded on softtail....

Back