change tyre!

tonytorque

XS650 Enthusiast
Reaction score
Bought a new (back)tyre, same as the one I had before(Ithought) prirelli mt66 130-90-16, when I looked to my wasted tyre it was an pirelli mt66 130-90-16 FRONT, driven 7000 km on a front-tyre all the time!!:wtf:

I don't know about the pirellis, but some tires are listed for both front and rear. Not really a problem, especially considering the size of our tires.

DLD1

But the tyre says FRONT, front is front in my opinion!! ore am I stupid and front is rear!!

It just doesn't matter that much. I'm not suggesting you replace with a front, but it obviously didn't cause you any problems, since you weren't aware of it until you changed it. Happy riding,

DLD1

My rear tire is a Brand New Pirelli MT66 Route Rear Tire ( Directional ) 130/90H-16 ( Part # MT66-24 ,,, SKU - 54815 )... I can take a picture of the sticker later on if need be.

front shmunt If you do a run a front on the rear mount it with the arrow backward. You might not want a front tire on the rear of a 2 liter bike with a pair of fatties on it but long as it's not overloaded the tire doesn't care all that much. Front brakes create just as much torque as an engine does in the rear.

front shmunt it takes 61.4 ci to create a liter at 1000cc ya have a 1 liter engine.
A 650cc engine equals (from metric to customary) 650cc x 0.061ci=39.65ci--you're barely to 2/3 of a full liter. If your bike were 2 liters you'd send the H-D guys drooling with your big ole 122ci engine--which is funny because they are already in the rear view

Hey, that's not a bad idea--V4
front shmunt--right on Gary

But in the opposite direction. I guess the belts are laid up differently on a front as opposed to a rear. That takes into account "stopping" or "going" forces. My dealer told me, just like Garry said, to flip a front around so the direction arrow points "wrong" if I want to run it on a rear. And I will be trying this. I scored a truck load of freebies last summer, many that are 110 x 18 fronts. I'd love to burn them up on my spare rear wheels.

FreeTires.jpg

Day-am! 5twins sell me a couple of those for the rear of my roadsters!

Uh the point is don't stick a front tire on the back of a fat monster like this 2 liter komakazzy It might not take the loading.

5Ia5Ff5S43Mc3Lf3Nac6q89a58d67e17714d6.jpg

I think the 130-90-16 size is for the front of full dress Harley, they probably weigh more in front then the XS does in the rear.

Back