cheap engine in Milwaukee

What’s that Cheshire Cat grin for? Did you snag that motor?
3E0C50F1-1215-4E24-B683-BD76B90AE06E.jpeg

:thumbsup:
You can't have to many parts. Just ask Gary.
It's a pig in a poke. Should be some good parts in it.
Glad someone on the forum got it for cheap.
I saw the airbox in the pic listing, contacted the seller, and the seller created a listing for me -- see his sold listings:
https://www.ebay.com/sch/rebeden_64...lete=1&LH_Sold=1&rt=nc&_trksid=p2046732.m1684
Very decent airboxes for $40 shipped. I also asked the seller about the tank, seat, and fenders. No tank. Seat has rip and fenders have rust. He created a listing for the front fender, but now it's gone. GLJ, did you get the fender or anything else from the bike?

I got the carbs but not the fender. When I pick the engine up I was going to see what the rest the bike looks like.

Hey GLG -- did you get your motor? Something is up with the seller -- I think he has been put into eBay purgatory. All of his listings have been removed, including completed and sold listings.

Hey GLG -- did you get your motor? Something is up with the seller -- I think he has been put into eBay purgatory. All of his listings have been removed, including completed and sold listings.
I've been at the VYR. I did get a message from him after the sale. In a day or so I'll try to set a time up the get it. I got the carbs he sold with no problems, so I hope this goes as well. Pigs in polks.

When I got back from the VYR I went to my e-mail to contact the seller about picking up the engine. To my surprise the e-mails from E-Bay with the messages between us were gone. I don't remember deleting them. Damn. I had to leave for a week for work so I let it ride until I got back. Yesterday I was perusing Craigslist and ran across this add.
https://milwaukee.craigslist.org/mpo/d/milwaukee-yamaha-xs400-xs650/6989755708.html
Hmmm whats the odds of 2 people parting out/selling XS2s in Milwaukee? Contacted him through Craigslist and inquired about the completeness of the bike. He responded that it was missing tank, seat, 1 side cover, air boxes and carbs.He said he wanted $400 for it. I had bought carbs from e-bay seller in Milwaukee and DogBunny bought air boxes from same seller .Pretty slim odds 2 people in Milwaukee with XS2s with no carbs and air boxes. Ah ha. That's my motor.
Few more e-mails and I had arrangements to see it at 10am today. Met him at his storage building/shop. Looked bike over and it's not in very good condition. I asked him if he had been selling parts from it on E-Bay. He said no. I told him that's odd as I had bought carbs and a guy from Texas got air boxes from some one in Milwaukee. I could see in his eyes he was lying. I then mentioned that I had bought an engine from the same bike. He immediately changed his tune. He said "Oh so your the guy that won the auction". I said now that we established that it is my engine and I paid you for it what would it take to just take the whole bike home? Remember on Saturday he wanted $400. He said I could take it for $100. I said OK. For $156 and a tank of gas I got a engine with compression on both cylinders and a lot of parts. The rear fender and rear rim look like they will clean up better than my other ones. And there's some other good parts on it.

upload_2019-10-13_16-5-45.png

upload_2019-10-13_16-13-40.png
upload_2019-10-13_16-18-54.png

any of the pipes mufflers usable?
Head pipes look good. Mufflers are in such good shape I would give them to anybody that showed up at my shop.:p
So is this just for your parts stash or are the wheels turning about another build ?
Just parts. No title. I still have my other parts bike that has a title. Hmmm.
Well, I can’t believe you ran that lying thief down!
Just lucky. In talking to him he seems like a nice guy. Definitely likes bikes. Him and a buddy rent about 10,000 square feet of a old factory. Has to be about 100 bikes in there.

Let me guess he was limping, foot in soft cast?
He was limping, no cast. Said he had torn his Achilles tendon earlier this year. Do you know him?
interested in head pipes...........
Sorry I may need them. If I build another XS2 I am going with dual exhaust for a change of pace.

He was limping, no cast. Said he had torn his Achilles tendon earlier this year. Do you know him?
Bought the "milwaukee iron" project bike from him.
Sorry I may need them. If I build another XS2 I am going with dual exhaust for a change of pace.[/QUOTE]
Guy can try right? :geek:

Guy can try right?
If they were in pristine shape and you wanted them for your XS1 I'm sure we could work something out. They are nice enough for what I have in mind. (At least until I find better ones.) There's no dents in them but there is rust.
If you really want them you have some trade bait. The XS2 tank and tins displayed on your garage wall. :D
upload_2019-10-13_17-52-37.png

upload_2019-10-13_17-53-20.png

To put a close to this thread the bike disassembled. I was hoping some of the chrome would be better than what I have. No joy. Rims are straight and not bent but rust has eaten through the chrome in a lot of places. Same with rear fender, plus it appears the battery threw up on it at some point. Front fender no dents just badly rusted. Spun motor over with it's e-start. 120 left, 140 right. Not bad. Should be OK to rebuild or source of good parts. Fork lowers look good, tubes junk. All in all not a great deal, just a OK deal. Probably cost me what it is worth.
upload_2019-10-16_15-52-25.png

Probably cost me what it is worth.

Used early parts are stupid expensive. Not that you’re looking to do this, but the guys on EBay break things like forks down to the smallest component, and then charge new prices for them, because in so many cases, there are no factory replacements available. On my restoration I wound up buying tons of detail stuff, missing internal parts in my forks, reflectors, fork caps, it would be a pain to create ads and ship, but there is a market for that stuff, even those early rims could be powder coated for somebody’s custom job. The instruments and lights and side covers, that stuff is gold buddy!

Back