Cheapest Place to Buy Pamco?

PHeller

Erie, PA
Reaction score
I'm going to make the jump, but I'm not sure if I should purchase directly from Pete or get the kit from Mikes or Central.

I already have the 5k caps, iridium plugs, new wires and my advancer unit is good. So that really just leaves the ignition and coil.

Posted via Mobile

My mentor once told me don't put new parts on an old car. Put out a wanted ad for a used Pamco :)

Normally I would agree (just spent less than $100 on my PMA swap) but I'm not sure if Pete would replace a faulty unit if it bought not directly from him...maybe he could chime in.

Posted via Mobile

You might be right. I'd hate to have a product out there with a transferable lifetime warranty...

PHeller,

The PAMCO had a one year warranty that has recently been increased to 2 years for new purchases. If you buy a used PAMCO just be sure to get some sort of proof of purchase from the seller and the warranty will be honored. Just be sure you get the rotor and the big washer with the deal. I've had at least two people buy a used PAMCO that was shipped to them without the rotor...bummer....the rotor costs $45 sold seperately....:doh:

If you need the coil to go with the PAMCO, you won't do better on price than MikesXS even if you buy them separately. If you only need the PAMCO, I offer free shipping.

If you buy a used unit and it is defective, you still have to pay the shipping for the warranty one way and wait for the turn around. If you buy a new PAMCO you will get a 2 year warranty. Decisions...decisions....:banghead:

Pete, thanks for the info. I've got no problem buying from you. American dollars to American pockets and you offer an excellent product so I don't feel bad waiting an extra week for the other parts I need to buy.

I'll poke around for a used unit, otherwise you'll hear from me.

Posted via Mobile

Replacement Harley coils are also a cheap option. They're a dime a dozen on eBay.

Will any 3ohm dual output coil work so long as its got the terminals and not the plug?

Posted via Mobile

Last edited:
Pretty much, yes. I'm using a 2.8 ohm Andrews Harley replacement I got off eBay for about $25.

Just to fill you in, Mike's doesn't have any of the kits in stock any way. I tried to order a couple last night and they are all out of stock. I ordered the Pamco from Pete instead and I am going to have to order the rest of the kit from Mike's.

Pete- If you are reading this thread, I was going to order two Pamco's but there is no way to change the quantity when you purchase from your site. I guess I should just order two individually since it's free shipping.

patches,

Right. Just place two orders and they will be shipped together for FREE shipping. I should change the web site to allow for more than one unit per order.

just fitted 277 pamco to my 78se runs great tried to buy the kit from mikes but not available,so bought 1 from bloke in Sydney new but he keept yhe coil & leads,will buy a complet kit from mikes when available so ill have warranty & a spare unit,750 rephase the only way to cruise

Back