Cheng Shin tires

I looked around and could only find them for 17" rims. I wonder if they stopped making the other sizes or if I just didn't look hard enough.

They don't make them any more so your only chance would be finding some left overs. I've used them over the years and they rode OK but the rears always wore out really fast, in like 3K miles. The fronts are OK because front tires just normally last longer anyway.

Not sure , but vee rubber seems to have some of the same tread patterns...may be the same co.. I have also seen CS branded tires that look the same, dont say cheng shin on em.

Last edited:
Yep, Jc Whitney sells CS tires. You should also check out the Kenda Challenger tires at Jireh, I've used 'em on my sportster and they have great traction in wet or dry even leaned over pretty far in the curves. I think the rear lasted about 7,000 miles with alot of two up, hard riding.

Two up riding actually gives better tire mileage. With more weight on it, the tire slips less against the pavement. I guess that means fat guys get better tire mileage as well, lol.

wore out really fast, in like 3K miles.

When I changed my Bridgestones I had 11,000 on them and who knows what the po put on them before that; they're eight years old. And only like $60 each. The rear was actually still good, but the front was cracking.

Back