chopper, what is it?

It would be a neat project. I like bringing them back to life, but not for that price.
Did you let him know about his misconception of parts?
I found a CB550 for sale and the guy said to me, "It's the same kind Jay LaRossa rides".
I told him I really didn't care. It's still a piece of shit, 35 year old Japanese bike that didn't run.
Man, with all these picker, barn find, antique and cafe racer shows people think these bikes are gold.

yeah I kind of figure the motor would be worth about $50 and I'd only charge him $50 to haul the whole thing off so we'd about break even :laugh:

Ya, I noticed the tappet covers. And the carbs. The frame does look like a tx too. I like the down tube cross member that appears to be welded on.

Yes, '70-'71 had the 3 bolt tappet covers. There is also a 500cc loss in oil capacity after '71. So where the oil capacity is stamped on the engine case it reads 3000cc for
'70-'71 and then went to the standard 2500cc from '72 on.

it went for 750???? someone might be unhappy today.....

No! it didn't sell, that was the dudes 'buy it now' price, his starting bid price was $500, if he had a better feedback score, I betcha anything somebody would have bought that pile.

We recently pulled a BSA A65 out of the dirt, had been sitting outside( in the Catskills) for almost 30 years, on it's side, and was completely locked up, wheels motor even the steering stem was rusted and stuck in one position! We got it for free, with some other stuff we bought. Got it back to the shop, took pictures of it and listed it as "parts only" on Evil-bay. Starting bid was $99.99, long story short... it sold to a guy in Italy for $1000!!! He also paid $300 to us to make two crates to ship it in, his cost and shipper. (motor shipped separate) People want what they want, and some people just have more money than brains, and I hope that it never changes...

Attachments

• 314783_265441066821370_100000664354474_856232_855493082_n.jpg
    314783_265441066821370_100000664354474_856232_855493082_n.jpg
    23.2 KB · Views: 163
OK so how you know I can't read LOL
Bike is about 90 mins from me. Should see if he would take 5.00 for it. I picked up a 81 basket with a few other parts for $300. in same town.

OK so how you know I can't read LOL
Bike is about 90 mins from me. Should see if he would take 5.00 for it. I picked up a 81 basket with a few other parts for $300. in same town.

Hell, give it a try...with his starting price he wanted he seems like the type that thinks he has a collectors gem though. People like him just give people like me more sales...lol... the power of the $99.99 or even the .99 starting bid gets 'em 'ALMOST' every time. Sometimes you can take a beating though, that's the risk! Good luck:thumbsup:, I think he's a "crackhead" maybe he needs to score...:laugh:

if you dont get that bike for 200 bucks you are getting ripped off

i got a buddy that bought an 83 Special for $200 the other day. Clear title, bike is clean, its just been sitting in a shed. According to the seller, the engine ran when it was put in the shed (obviously it doesnt now cause its been in said shed for about 6 years) but upon teardown it looks to be in great shape. Im gonna stir the pot with this seller just for shits and grins... :D

The ad said, "Nice and mostly complete 1975 XS650". I called the guy and he did tell me it had been outside for a while and he was going to restore it. I didn't think it was this pile of shit. This is exactly how I found it when I went to buy it. He parked it there 15 years ago.
bike.jpg

Yeah, the only thing on the so called 71' worth having would be that front end or at least, the drum wheel. Those are cool.

Back