Circuit Breaker vs. Fuse Block for rewire......Opinions Please !!

EvenmoreXS

1981 XS650
Reaction score
Im going to be replacing my wiring on my bike soon. Pamco, kick only, currently no signals, just head and tail lamps and kill switch. Super simple. I will be adding turn signals in the near future.

My question is this. Fuse block or Circuit breakers. I see it both ways. Has anyone had any luck with circuit breakers on xs650's or any other bikes.???

Thnaks for the opionions.

Currently leaning towards fuses. Keep it simple stupid.

Circuit Breaker option:

http://www.oreillyauto.com/site/c/d...-1_2149&keyword=fuse+block&pt=N1177&ppt=C0172

Fuse Block option:

http://www.powerwerx.com/fuses-circuit-protection/raised-ganged-6-circuit-atc-fuse-block.html

There are, originally, three TEN amp circuits... if you go fuses, it's a lot easier to "change" the rated capacity, i.e. just plug in 10A fuses. If you do that particular circuitbreaker, it comes with 20A's installed....

I would also look at accesibility, and how you install them. Otherwise, the functions are pretty much the same thing: protection against a short-circuit or an overload.

:wink2:

There are, originally, three TEN amp circuits... if you go fuses, it's a lot easier to "change" the rated capacity, i.e. just plug in 10A fuses. If you do that particular circuitbreaker, it comes with 20A's installed....

I would also look at accesibility, and how you install them. Otherwise, the functions are pretty much the same thing: protection against a short-circuit or an overload.

:wink2:[/QUOTE

I've pretty much decided to go with fuses at this point, cheap and easy to find, vs. the circuit breakers,... hard to find ones that provide correct amperage, manual switching, and cost effective.

Thanks

Which gauge wire would be used from the battery to the switch and from the switch to the fuse block. I was planning on 14 or 16 gauge. Not thick enough???

No starter,,,,,kick only,,,,,pamco.....

Back