Clean turn signal switch?

Luke4554

"PureBred Fabrications"
Reaction score
Ive seen a couple that arent too bad. I want to run rear signals but i dont need the headlight hi/low switches. im looking for a basic clean left right indicator switch for the left side of my bars. Any ideas ..? ive searched alot of smaller random shop's webpages but my eyes are starting to burn .. lol

Luke

Just make it out of your old one,keep the bottom and make a new top piece,or make a mold then make your own. Custom think custom, go wander your local hardware store or auto superstore

My bike didn't have one when I got it that's the whole point/problem. Otherwise I would because I'm cheap:thumbsup:

I wonder if you could make that crimescene switch to work as a turn signal switch by putting a 3 way toggle switch in the place of the one on there..

i really like this one .. i just dont need the headlight and horn functions. and id prefer a dummy light for the signals.. since im a dummy

http://www.electrosport.com/products/product-detail-1733.php

I used something very similar to that. Actually used the headlight switch part of it as my kill switch. Figured if I ever got a ticket for not having turn signals I would have the turn switch wiring already there.

id use a giant beer tap to flip my signals on and off that would be awesome just make sure it isnt a miller brewing tap and your all good.

ill take a pic of my set up tomorrow. its like that crimescene choppers one. I got a micro switch and made a little steel plate to mount it too. I drilled a hole in my bars and tapped a hole so that I could mount the plate. Very clean set up with wires hidden in bars.

Have you looked at the Hammerhead Pill Box Switch : http://shop.hammarhead.com/collections/frontpage/products/hhi-pill-box

Shop_PillBox1_grande.jpg

I will be using one for my build because I couldn't find anything else I liked that fit 7/8 bars...

I hope that helps :)

those style of switches look too much like a bicycle bell.

here are some shitty pics of my set up. you can see the steel piece I used as a baseplate to secure the micro switch. Between the plate and the bars I cut out a little gasket to try to reduce moisture. You'll also notice that the switch is located on the bottom of the bars. The idea is that when you hold the grip, your thumbs are already on the bottom side of the bars so its a bit more ergonomic when hitting the switch. And you can hardly see it!

you'll notice I'm missing a screw because I effed up the hole when working on it. it still holds though!
vhIVz.jpg

Hovsz.jpg

yep, that's basically what inspired me to make my own. they were about $50 not too long ago though. Mine ended up costing about $10 and you could make it look cleaner if you have better tools than I had access to.

Back