Clearing raw metal?

Juicyk

Retro
Reaction score
Is it ok to clear raw metal with either clear coat or clear powder coat. I've got my frame take etc sand blasted and im looking to keep that soft raw metal look but without it rusting. Anyone ever do this and might i run into any issues?

powdercoat is easier, but it will be glossy. still looks cool though. Clear will work, but it has to be perfectly clean and dry for it to work. any fingerprint will become a rust spot down the road.

Last edited:
Google Ron Young patina. Ive used his rattle can clear for bare metal on a ton of projects. My chopper is 4 years old and not a single flake or bubble.

No, it will basically just look like raw metal, its sprays on white and once it bakes you wont see it anymore, but if u go to a powder coat shop they can usually show you samples of metal they have shot with all their products

The Ron young stuff has worked for me , not a single problem over bare metal. He offers both a satin and flat. I have used both with lasting results. My new build will be all metal stained or patina finished and I will use his clear again

Posted via Mobile

Back