Coker Firestone Deluxe Champion...

MN_TX650

XS650 Addict
Reaction score
Will the 500-16 fit an '81 special mag wheel? Looking for new rims for my next project, and digging the mags. The coker site says this tire must be run with a tube...but I am assuming that is just on a spoked rim?

no a tubeless tire carcass/sidewall lips are different than a tube type carcass, if they say it needs to run a tube run a tube

That is definately the look I am after! Any pictures of the rims/tires? What tubes are you running in the mags? Any issues running it that way?

here ya go. As far as tubes go, I don't remember. whichever ones fit in the tire. Haven't really run it yet, still waitin on a brake line.

Attachments

• big bike pic.jpg
    big bike pic.jpg
    176.9 KB · Views: 671
Last edited:
yes I got them from Coker, but you could prolly get them anywhere....

@Brew @MN_TX650
How did the Coker work out for you? I'm seeing mixed reviews.
(I'm debating between Avon speedmaster/safety mileage setup, versus Avon speedmaster front and Coker rear, and Shinko 240.) Seeing Avon front and Coker Firestone deluxe rear on a fair amount of projects, but some of those don't look like daily riders. I need my setup to be good for daily city riding, canyons, and long distance--bike is primary transport, so needs to be suitable to various contexts. ('83 heritage special)

Back