For Sale - Complete Cafe Project For Sale---Member Needs Help

jackstraw650

XS650 Addict
Reaction score
I have for sale a just about complete cafe project. Let me explain......A year ago last December I bought a 1979 XS650 Standard with the idea of turning it into a top notch cafe racer. The bike was in excellent condition and ran very well being used as a daily commuter by the owner. It had 7150 miles on it and was very nice excepting a crease in the gas tank and needing a good clean up. I paid $1250 for it; a little high maybe, but it needed no work to be road worthy and the mileage was very low. I then began acquiring the parts I wanted to build a quality cafe bike. I tried to buy what was considered to be top notch equipment based on the opinions I read here on the Forum. I ended up spending over $1500 on various parts[list to follow]; a least that is what they cost last year.
To make a long story short, I ended up with severe degenerative arthritis in both hips and knees and followed it up with a heart attack and congestive heart failure! I'm back to reasonable health now but am unemployed and, needless to say, my riding and wrenching days are done. Because of these problems I have been unable to work and am about out of money. I need to sell this project fast to pay the rent and other basic necessities. I'm not telling you this for sympathy; just to let you know that I need to sell this bike and parts fast. I don't want to sell the parts individually....it would take time I don't have right now. I realize that some of my choices may not be yours but at the price I'm asking, you could easily sell the parts you don't want for a good profit. I am asking $2,000 for the bike and all of the listed parts....I think this is a great deal for what is almost a complete cafe project, considering that I paid over $2,800 for the package. These parts are brand new except the dual disc parts kit and most are still in their shipping containers. The bike has a clean Virginia title and I am located near Charlottesville, Va.

Parts List:

"NOS Hammerhead shocks...........................................................$168
Top Line Complete Pamco Ignition Kit ............................................197
104 link O-ring chain......................................................................50
Avon AM26 120/90-18 rear tire.........................................................95
Avon AM26 100/90-19 front tire........................................................76
Tri Bar Custom Headlight.................................................................30
Dyna Beads for tire balancing...........................................................13
Vintage Glass In line Fuel Filters[2]from Dime City..............................24
Complete Dual Disc Kit[caliper, disc, bolts and hoses to add 2nd disc...115
XS chrome head pipes from Mikes....................................................153
Gaskets, washers and exhaust nuts for above.....................................10
Muffler kick up adaptor from Dime City...............................................26
Commando Specialities "Peashooter" mufflers pair..............................130
Oil filter strainer from Mikes..............................................................24
Heiden oil filter/cooler kit from Mikes..................................................65
Filters, nuts and gaskets for above.....................................................18
Custom ABS Cafe side covers.............................................................59
Stainless Engine Bolt Kit...................................................................36
Custom swing arm brace[weld on]......................................................75
Clubman bars, bar end mirrors and grips.............................................86
Used XS750 tank almost new, it has knee slots hammered in an is in
etching primer, just needed bondo, sanding and primer........................120
Fork damper valves from Mikes...........................................................49
Swing arm and fork bearing upgrades...................................................97

Unless my math skills are totally shot that comes out to over $1500 in parts.
I will try to furnish pics to anyone seriously interested. This is a great deal and is just the way I have presented it. Thanks, guys!

Last edited: