Continuity between positive and negative at headlight bulb?

It sounds like your making progress, at least it revs. Could be the first switch is dirty? Can it be opened up and cleaned? Might be worth it just to see what it looks like.
Leo

The switch was brand new. I doubt it was dirty. I haven't tried to clean it and replaced it with another brand new ignition switch I had laying around the garage. I'll take a look at it tomorrow and see if it can be cleaned.

Even brand new parts can be bad. At this point it won't hurt to look. You might find a burr or metal shaving inside causing the trouble.
Leo

I tried to get into the old switch with no luck. It's pretty sealed up. I did take the bike for a quick ride with the lights off and it seemed to ride better then ever. I switched the lights on and the bike STILL ran great! I only rode it around the block and only in 2nd. I did have 2nd gear all the way to redline where I usually ran into problems and it seems great. Hopefully I found the problem. I wanted to take it for a longer ride but I have no taillight and I think I'm getting sick. Hopefully I'll hook up a taillight and atleast a front brake switch and take it for an longer ride later in the week.

I hooked up the headlight, tail light and brake light and the bike runs great! I ran it around town tonight pushing the bike to it's limit with no problems. I did have the new switch just sitting in the oilbag. Hopefully when I remount it the vibrations won't kill the switch. Thanks for the help.

Back