Counter Balance Cycles Exhaust Systems

westonboege

XS650 Addict
Reaction score
Hey guys! Ive been working hard in the shop all winter finishing some projects and starting more.

Ive wanted to get into some custom exhausts for the xs for a long time. Been sourcing parts and figuring out what i want to do.

My goal is to make the best quality exhaust systems you can get for the xs 650. I plan on making a few different systems Tig welded and back purged, made from 304 stainless steel. The benefits of tig welding and back purging stainless steel is so that the inside of the weld (inside the exhaust) looks just like the outside of the weld. This makes the interior tubing smoother and better flowing than just welding from the outside. Back purging also maintains the corrosive resistance of the stainless. Without back purging there is a knife edge of 'sugaring' its called inside the weld. If it is not shielded when welding this sugaring can rust causing pipes to fail and crack after a certain amount of time.

I also plan on making some more cost effective systems out of tig welded mild steel.

At this time I have put together a stainless 304 builders kit available on my online store. These feature 304 1.5" tubing along with 304 stainless flanges and custom machined 304 stainless collars.

I will follow this kit up in a few weeks with some finished high pipes - 2into1 systems - as well as some regular drag pipes and even headers.

If you want to get creative and have me build you a custom set of pipes email me at counterbalancecycles@gmail.com

Stainless_exhuast3.jpg

I had a local guy recently ask me to make him a custom exhaust for his xs 650. He wanted to make dual high pipes with some reverse megaphone mufflers that he had.

This set is made with mild steel couplers at the exhaust ports, fully tig welded and back purged 304 stainless steel all the way back.

I plan to make a few sets and list them on my store. If you need any exhaust systems for your custom project hit me up...

JOes%2BPipes%2B11.jpg

JOes%2BPipes%2B12.jpg

JOes%2BPipes%2B13.jpg

JOes%2BPipes%2B15.jpg

JOes%2BPipes%2B16.jpg

JOes%2BPipes%2B14.jpg

Dude, I've been looking for dual high pipes for a while and haven't seen anything I like. Yours are the shit! I'll be getting in touch with you soon! If you had to, could you do heat shields as well? I've attached a picture of my scoot.
772A4C63-E952-4D57-AC04-B06526F21FCD.JPG

Back