Couple VM34 questions?

figure8

XS650 Guru
Reaction score
A topic discussed widely on here I know, but can't find the answers to my questions.

I have become increasingly interested on trying out a set, but don't want to drop the coin on a set as offered on many sites for the 650. On many sites you can find just the single carb for around $100 give or take. So ideally a set would run me around $200 minus a dual throttle cable compared to $340 plus on other sites for a 650 set up.

Am I better off to go the whole package route or save $ buying individually. Any answers or links to threads would be helpful.

Thanks

I bought mine from M.M.M. at 650Central and would again. Great support and his base line was right on with a little bit of tweeking they run great.

Posted via Mobile

5twins and I have written it many times, but here's the advice again, if you want it--if you want to get things right, use genuine Mikuni jets, not Chinese knockoffs from Mike's XS. Some guys get lucky with that stuff, some guys just aren't very demanding, and some guys wind up with carb problems they can't straighten out and waste a lot of time wondering why.

You've priced carbs and cables, but you're forgetting a few things--like correct quality mounts and around $80 of brass, because all of the factory components have to be changed with the exception of the slides.

The kit from 650 Central comes with top quality brass, mounts, and cables, with the best tech support in the business if you need it. You can use cheap knockoff jets and cheap cables and mounts and pay a few bucks less, but unless you're lucky you'll be buying yourself some grief in the package.

Back