Covid.

toglhot

First class butcher.
Top Contributor
Reaction score
I managed to dodge covid for three years, had all the vaccines, six in total. In December we embarked on a 19 day cruise to NZ - big mistale! Seventh day the wife contracted covid and was isolated to our cabin, but I was clear to roam the ship. Four days later she was clear. I eventually caught it from her on her third day, surprise surprise, and was also isolated for 4 days. Because I was high risk: Lung cancer, one lung, diabetes 1, RA, I bought the anti viral, $750, and was clear of the virus after two days. In total we spent 7 days in our cabin and never got to set foot in NZ, except for Dunedin on the 6th day. The covid was easy, I just had a lot of sneezing and a bit of coughing. The wife had a headacje and a sore throat as well as the sneezing and coughing.

That the end of it? Not likely: Two weeks later I'm still coughing my lung up, sometimes I cough so hard and long my back hurts, my insides hurt, I run out of breath and I'm exhausted from all the coughing.

I tried going out to my workshop, but just moving about in there I run out of breath, then start coughing, so, I have to come in every 5 minutes to rest..

Covid; filthy disease inflicted on us by the Chinese! It's enough to make you stop buying Chinese products - if only I could!

I had it year before last. No vaccines. I ran a fever and felt like I had the flu for three days. The fourth morning, no fever, I knew I was over it. I never coughed, I never lost senses of taste or smell. I did remain fatigued for another week and a half. Finally I'd had enough and decided to go back to karate practice and it's a tough practice. Made it through that hour of huffing and puffing and sweating. After pushing through that my fatigue was gone. Normal again.
YMMV.

Covid; filthy disease inflicted on us by the Chinese! It's enough to make you stop buying Chinese products - if only I could!
Sorry to hear of your condition. I have so far managed to avoid it and have had all the various shots but there is no guarantees with that BS!

Hope you and wife make it through OK!

I've had it twice. Nearly died last November. Temperature of 106.9, blood pressure of 210/90 with a blood/oxygen level too low to monitor. Emergency room, ambulance ride to a bigger hospital and two nights and one day total in the hospitals. Then two weeks of hell. I believe this shit was released intentionally. Nothing political about this since we don't vote for these people. I also believe that an angry mob of people who have lost others to this disease should deliver justice to the ones responsible for this.

I've had it twice. Nearly died last November. Temperature of 106.9, blood pressure of 210/90 with a blood/oxygen level too low to monitor. Emergency room, ambulance ride to a bigger hospital and two nights and one day total in the hospitals. Then two weeks of hell. I believe this shit was released intentionally. Nothing political about this since we don't vote for these people. I also believe that an angry mob of people who have lost others to this disease should deliver justice to the ones responsible for this.
I don't knlw about it being released intentionally, but it does sound perfectly reasonable. Whilst biologoical warfare is illegal, most nations are experimenting with it. If you think about it: Why would the Chinese have a laboratory to play with this if not tryingnto develop it into a weapon. As for releasing it, what did China have to lose, whats a few million dead Chinamen out of 1.5 billion.

The west is losing the plot. While we sit back and do nothing, China has developed its military into the third biggest in the world, not far behind America and Russia. One only has to look to history to see what is happenening: Japan built up their military while we watched and did nothing and we were all caught of guard. Same happened with Germany. When will the world learn.
China is taking over the pacific, building military bases throughout, you don't have to be a genius to see what they are doing. I fear Australia will be the first casualty when China does finally act. We will be cut off.

Rant over.

I don't knlw about it being released intentionally, but it does sound perfectly reasonable. Whilst biologoical warfare is illegal, most nations are experimenting with it. If you think about it: Why would the Chinese have a laboratory to play with this if not tryingnto develop it into a weapon. As for releasing it, what did China have to lose, whats a few million dead Chinamen out of 1.5 billion.

The west is losing the plot. While we sit back and do nothing, China has developed its military into the third biggest in the world, not far behind America and Russia. One only has to look to history to see what is happenening: Japan built up their military while we watched and did nothing and we were all caught of guard. Same happened with Germany. When will the world learn.
China is taking over the pacific, building military bases throughout, you don't have to be a genius to see what they are doing. I fear Australia will be the first casualty when China does finally act. We will be cut off.

Rant over.
We (The U.S.) don't even make roller bearings (at least on an industrial/warfighting scale) anymore. Our ship building industry has for the most part been outsourced as has the steel industry. We import most of the chips we use. I try to be an optimist but...

Lol, kinda funny, going on a multi week cruise ship then complaining it was just to catch covid.🤣

Did you honestly think covid isn't a thing anymore

I have a week long cruise planned with an old friend of mine in early March (we go all the way back to grade school)
I never even thought about Covid when planning the cruise (vaccines all up to date even RSV?)
But what the hell all you can eat cheap disgusting food and the bottom of the barrel boozee :cheers:
What could possibly go wrong on a ship with about 4,000 other people, I hear leprosy and and polio are fairly well controlled now a days
If the shit hits the fan Orland FL is only a few days away
I can see it now I get sick go back to Orlando get shipped off to Arkansas for treatment
I'm Fu@@ed
Holy:poo::poo::poo:
I'm all in :shootme:

Sorry, only tangentially relevant to COVID. But I have grown to detest cruise ships. I can't see myself going for a cruise, at least not on one of the current super-sized vessels. They look like some mutant block of flats that's been placed on a raft. But worse than the experience as an inmate, I mean passenger, is the effect these monstrous vessels have on the places they visit. An increasing number of places like Venice, Barcelona, Amsterdam are beginning to ban them - at one go, you inject about 10,000 visitors right into the heart of your historic city. Almost a human tsunami. But they aren't going to spend any money. Maybe a postcard? After all, their meals and drinks are paid for in the all-inclusive 'cruise'.

Oh it's a thing. Here in the USA television is littered with vaccine and paxlovid ads. Even with all the data on vaccine injury and excess deaths the CDC is still recommending multiple jabs from cradle to grave.
I've had six vaccines, and would you believe I'm still alive, haven't had a headache, sore arm, nothing. I must be the only person to survive the vaccine.. Come to think if it, my wife is still alive, fancy that. The sad thing is, now the govt can track my every move through the chip they placed in the vaccine, I'm now sterile and mosquitos just won't leave me alone.

Last edited:
I've had six vaccines, and would you believe I'm still alive, haven't had a headache, sore arm, nothing. I must be the only person to survive the vaccine.. Come to think if it, my wife is still alive, fancy that. The sad thing is, now the govt can track my every move through the chip they placed in the vaccine, I'm now sterile and mosquitos just won't leave me alone.
I am sincerely glad you are doing well. i suspect most of the vaccinated are, but that is no consolation for all those with less than acceptable experiences, including deaths of young healthy people. Your personal experience does not change the fact that excess deaths have risen remarkably since the vaccines were first administered.
It does not change the fact that independent news sources are being suppressed and de-platformed for telling the truth.

I am sincerely glad you are doing well. i suspect most of the vaccinated are, but that is no consolation for all those with less than acceptable experiences, including deaths of young healthy people. Your personal experience does not change the fact that excess deaths have risen remarkably since the vaccines were first administered.
It does not change the fact that independent news sources are being suppressed and de-platformed for telling the truth.
What a load of absolute rubbish . Another idiot for the list.

Back