Crank bearing locating pins

fancyketchup

Condiment Enthusiast
Reaction score
So Im reassembling my bottom end and Ive found that the pin that holds the stator side bearing on the crank is way shorter than the others. It barely protrudes out, anybody have a solution for this? It doesnt seem the pins are removable.
DSC00845.jpg

I will add that they are removable and only there to prevent the bearings from spinning when the cases expand isn't much pressure on them so it doesn't take much

Yeah, I welded just enough so that it was a high as the other pins... Im glad I split down the cases on this engine. Im sure that would of found its way of ruining my day.

I know this is an older thread but I have this same problem. Did they come like this or did someone assemble the engine without the bearing being lined up? Welding it? while it's still in place? seems kind of risky, it's pretty damn small. Is there another way of getting it out and replacing it with a longer one?

Maroon golf, these pins are not removable. As described someone will need to lengthen it, tig is best for the job.

Haha thanks Black Saab, is it going to hurt anything to just leave it the way it is for now? is there a real chance of the outer race spinning?

Yes there is a chance the outer race may spin, get it done, a 5 minute job for someone who knows what their doing. Hope you realise if it spins you loose oil feed to your main bearing.

Back