Crankcase breather, tubes?

BruceXS

XS650 Member
Reaction score
My 81' Yamaha XS650 Special is missing the tubes that run from the crankcase breather valve to the stock air boxes.
How would I go about doing this? Just buy some tubing and a tee to split into the two boxes?
And is it important to have these tubes? I did notice a tiny bit of oil on the frame right in front of the valve where the hose would normally connect to.
I finally got my bike running and this is the only thing it's missing.
Thanks in advance, this is my first ever forum post on any site so excuse anything I might have missed.

I recommend using the tubing that Mikes sells. It's an exact replica of the original stuff and very nice. As far as where it hooks to on an '81, I couldn't tell you.

Hi Bruce,
just in there on my '84 Heritage.
Hose, tee & 2 hoses to the nozzles on the stock airbox like 5twins sez.
But Gawd, those hoses, tee and horkin' great wire clips sure get in the effin' way.
Next time I'm in there I'll bin the bastards and run a hose to drip on the ground just like the old days.

Thank you both for the reply. I'll just run the hose to the air boxes and hope it looks good. Darn PO decided he didn't need the hose and put duct tape over the valve, and the nozzles on the air boxes. But it was my first bike so I didn't know what to look for. Duct tape should have deterred me but it was an awesome bike. Thanks again and Happy riding!

I used 9.5mm tubing and had to stretch and fight to get it onto the valve nipple and nipples on the bottom of the air boxes, if that's what you're asking.

Back