1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Hey Facebook people... We've created a group for XS650.com members to connect. Check it out!
    Dismiss Notice

Cruzin Image and/or Sumo Rubber experience?

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by jetmechmarty, Jan 9, 2020.

1. jetmechmarty

jetmechmarty XS650 Guru Top Contributor

Have any of you purchased parts from Cruzin Image and wished you hadn'd? I've heard of folks using their pistons without complaint.

How about Sumo Rubber?

grizld1 likes this.
  2. GLJ

GLJ Never go faster than your guardian angle can fly. Top Contributor

I put over 3000 miles on a set of Cruzinimage pistons last summer and have no complaints. They got me to the VYR and back.

grizld1, jetmechmarty and gggGary like this.
  3. Bushyeyed1

Bushyeyed1 Cafe Racer

I bought their 706cc big bore 78mm piston kit recently and so far so good after over 100 miles. The price is just right for the quality of the pistons, and a pretty close match to the stock pistons. I would no doubt in my mind buy from cruzinimage again.

4. gggGary

gggGary Stop that! XS650.com Supporter Top Contributor

Marty you might want to look into Economy Cycle Granbury, TX For rubber parts most of his parts are sold as fitting RD series but I think a fair number would be XS650 appropriate.

grizld1 and jetmechmarty like this.
  5. grizld1

grizld1 Grumpy old man Top Contributor

Haven't bought from CI, but I've looked at their site a few times and noticed some errors. Example: carb boots for BS34 which should be listed for 1980-83 are listed for 1978-83. The Yamaha number is listed for each part, so it's easy enough for the buyer who does his homework to keep things straight.

jetmechmarty and gggGary like this.
  6. 5twins

5twins XS650 Guru Top Contributor

Many sellers seem to make that same mistake, listing BS34 manifolds as correct for models back to '78. I think the reason may be because Yamaha's parts diagrams are wrong. They show BS34 carbs on the '78 and '79 Specials which we all know isn't true.

7. azman857

azman857 '80 XS 650SG Rider Top Contributor

I've got about 400mi on my 2nd oversize pistons from Cruzin Image. They looked so precisely machined in the box. All good so far