For Sale - custom aluminum side cover badges

resto

XS650 Junkie
Top Contributor
Reaction score
Four sets of .25 inch aluminum badges made by myself. Not without flaws, but from a couple of feet you don't really notice. (Result of the tolerances of my drill press and milling table). They are about 7 inches long by 1.25 inches tall.

Side covers not included. Sorry........

Set #1 was my "practice" set, it's going for $20 plus shipping.
Sets 2 and 4 are $30 a set plus shipping.

Set 4 has the smaller font, but I can put either font size in any set.

Note: I am mailing from Canada so shipping prices would be in the range of $10-20 depending upon whether tracking is needed. You don't have to commit until I give you a shipping cost.

Paypal or gold bullion only.

I have curved the badges slightly so that they conform better to the curve of the Standard model metal side covers. I didn't have an Special covers around to test them on. The black plastic inserts (with the labels) will be glued in once the buyer decides if you want the smaller (.3 inch) or larger (.5 inch) font. Personally, I like the larger font better but if "suttle" is your aim, go with the smaller one.

The badges are raw aluminum, milled, sanded, and polished on a buffing wheel. No coating has been sprayed on them, just car wax.

More pics of them are in my album. If you need more or better pics of them, I can do that.

IMG_0350.jpg

aluminumsidebadgesmallerfont.jpg

set1-a.jpg

set2-a.jpg

set4-a.jpg

Here's a pic of what they look like on my bike.

IMG_0254.jpg

Last edited:
They are sticking out a bit because I had them temporarily attached with velcro, knowing that I would be taking them off to make better ones this winter. The final version will be held on with a very strong, thin, body molding double sided tape.

Presently, I am experimenting with putting a thin aluminum skin over the perimeter edges of the badge. That would be a lot shinier (and could be polished) then the very thin foil I have on there right now.

If all goes well, hope to bang off 5 or 6 sets for both the Standard and Special tanks sometime early spring. It's winter up here now and I don't have a heated garage to work in.:(

I've also picked up enough aluminum bar stock to make 7 or 8 more pairs of side cover badges.

Four sets of .25 inch aluminum badges made by myself. Not without flaws, but from a couple of feet you don't really notice. (Result of the tolerances of my drill press and milling table). They are about 7 inches long by 1.25 inches tall.

Side covers not included. Sorry........

Set #1 was my "practice" set, it's going for $20 plus shipping.
Sets 2-4 are $30 a set plus shipping.

Set 4 has the smaller font, but I can put either font size in any set.

Note: I am mailing from Canada so shipping prices would be in the range of $10-20 depending upon whether tracking is needed. You don't have to commit until I give you a shipping cost.

Paypal or gold bullion only.

I have curved the badges slightly so that they conform better to the curve of the Standard model metal side covers. I didn't have an Special covers around to test them on. The black plastic inserts (with the labels) will be glued in once the buyer decides if you want the smaller (.3 inch) or larger (.5 inch) font. Personally, I like the larger font better but if "suttle" is your aim, go with the smaller one.

The badges are raw aluminum, milled, sanded, and polished on a buffing wheel. No coating has been sprayed on them, just car wax.

More pics of them are in my album. If you need more or better pics of them, I can do that.

IMG_0350.jpg

aluminumsidebadgesmallerfont.jpg

set1-a.jpg

set2-a.jpg

set3-a.jpg

set4-a.jpg

Here's a pic of what they look like on my bike.

IMG_0254.jpg

Bump.

Set 3 sold.

resto

Back