Custom Bike Title, nothin on engine

SteelToeJoe

XS650 Enthusiast
Reaction score
I will be getting the Mr.Lucky's frame with a MSO and trying to title my bike in South Carolina. I will keep all my recipts and all that good junk to take down to the DMV but I don't have a bill of sale or anything on the engine.

I have took the engine number down to the police station and it came back clean.

You think I'll have any trouble???

I only needed to have the police verify my numbers and the paper they sign and give to you should be all you need to show the DMV. I know the laws differ a bit though state to state, prob best to just call the DMV and figure out exactly what you need.

I went through this in AZ. Bought a junker from a salvage yard, no title, ran the numbers through the local PD, came back clean. Went to DMV inspections a year later with the bike built, boom! Engine came up stolen on the national stolen list. Local PD purges records after 10 years or so, so didn't ping anything. It all worked out, I got to keep my engine. To feel comfortable, I'd take the engine number to DMV inspections and ask them to run a national search. Local PDs have access to the data base, but are lazy shits and won't or don't care to look. If it doesn't show up in there own little world your good in thier eyes.

Back