Custom Dual Bottle Gas Tanks

Adrenaline-Junkie

XS650 Addict
Reaction score
Hey guys i have a quick question. I was wondering if anyone makes custom gas tank setups similar to the one in the picture. Im really looking for something a lot simpler like 2 bottles welded together with a clamp system to attach it to the bike. At the very least id like to know if anyone has an idea on where i could just get the bottles by themselves. Thanks

noid-left_side_rear_shot.jpg

Maybe buy 5" or 6" size exhaust pipe and then get some domed steel caps in various sizes so you can make it have a smaller radius or a sharper one dependent on your preference? As for the clamp system you could use two or three basic exhaust clamps from Napa or O'riellys with supports reaching to about the middle of each tank in two or three spots. This way you get more design options in length and radius and size of tanks over all maybe even run a line or two in between the tanks so you could have only one filler neck. From this point its all up to your imagination.

Domes:
http://www.kingmetals.com/Catalog/CatalogListing.aspx?CatalogId=C39&CatalogDetailId=228&ViewAll=true

Maybe buy 5" or 6" size exhaust pipe and then get some domed steel caps in various sizes so you can make it have a smaller radius or a sharper one dependent on your preference? As for the clamp system you could use two or three basic exhaust clamps from Napa or O'riellys with supports reaching to about the middle of each tank in two or three spots. This way you get more design options in length and radius and size of tanks over all maybe even run a line or two in between the tanks so you could have only one filler neck. From this point its all up to your imagination.

Domes:
http://www.kingmetals.com/Catalog/CatalogListing.aspx?CatalogId=C39&CatalogDetailId=228&ViewAll=true

great link THANKS.

I can't recall how many of these I've seen at the local dump, oil-less compressor burns up, tanks are still perfect. Gotta love a throw away society-"FREE PARTS!"

Attachments

• NEW TANKS.jpg
    NEW TANKS.jpg
    41.7 KB · Views: 130
No prob, I'm used to repurposing "junk". This was found at a different landfill, 25 years ago, 120V electric winch with a mashed control box, you can see where it's at now. When activated, the shriek reverberates through the entire roof:D... I call it the Banshee....

Attachments

• S4023878.JPG
    S4023878.JPG
    166.5 KB · Views: 158
  • S4023874.JPG
    S4023874.JPG
    169.5 KB · Views: 152
  • S4023877.JPG
    S4023877.JPG
    248 KB · Views: 155
  • S4023876.JPG
    S4023876.JPG