Custom front brake line

Lester

XS650 Junkie
Reaction score
Soooooo I've been snooping around for some info on the front brake line, I would like to order a custom length front brake line, time to change the out and also would like to get rid of the junction do-tad. Keeping the stock MC and Caliper.
Can anybody recommend a place that does online orders?
Could have sworn I saw one on Ebay months ago while trolling for something else.... gone now

thanks
Lester

Hmmmmm.... screw type fittings.... I'll have to think about that.

thanks Paulsxs650

Lester

Hi Lester,

They work very well and I have used them on all sorts of bikes from Bobbers to race bikes. No problems and you have the added benefit of dismantling them when required.

Alright Paul I've placed an order for a kit that should do it for the front brakes.
I will update here when its on, will let you know how it works out.
Thanks so far.

Lester

I just did mine this weekend with that kit. Pretty straight forward, however, one of my banjo's sprung a leak, thanks to me not cutting it properly!
Get a few spare olives, and if you can afford it, the tool to do the job. I should have gotten it, would have made it a LOT easier!

Best way to cut it would be with a dremil and a cut off disc IMO.

Something to add for anyone looking at this later. You can buy the pre cut lines with universal ends already on. Then you just buy the specific end you need and your good to go. They are a little expensive, but its a quick bolt together job and your done. Russell and Goodridge both make them.

Chevotalandcrusier is the eBay user you are looking for. 25$ shipped. For custom length brake line. You choose fittings and color. I ordered a black one. Looks great. No problems at all.

Just saw you ordered a kit already. Well if anyone else needs custom brake lines on the low.

any local hydraulics shop or a decent brake parts supply house should be able to make one while you wait. Mock up a length of electrical wire with loops on either end and walk it in. you can even figure out the appropriate rotation of each banjo fitting, as to avoid any unwanted twisting of the new line. I had mine done for $15 and it took all of 5 minutes.

Just took delivery of my custom line from eBay seller GT Autosport from Canada. $35 shipped to california, with tons of options to choose from including colors and angled fittings.

That was the one.... and I even held off ordering..... oh well, next time... got another one in the making...

Thanks everybody

Lester

Here's mine:

0082.jpg

0092.jpg

010.jpg

011.jpg

Here is what I ordered from gtautosports on eBay:

Dear gtautosports,

1. Fitting #1 and Fitting #4
2. 38" Long
3. Black
4. 2x single banjo bolts 10mm x 1.0 and 4x washers
5. 90 degree orientation

- troopthrowback

In retrospect I ordered the wrong bolts, thread pitch was incorrect so I used the original crusty ones. Also, line could've worked fine at 4" shorter. I didn't measure so I guessed long.

Back