cutting out when I lean right

chrisdomin

XS650 Member
Reaction score
my 1978 sx650 cuts out when i lean it to the right. I think this might be the flouts but I'm not sure. Other than that it runs great, any suggestions are greatly appreciated. :wtf::banghead:

Try checking the wiring, more likely to be a bad connection that gets pulled as you turn right.

The only reason why I would think its not electrical, is because even if I'm just in the garage not sitting on bike and the bike is straight. Then lean it to its right side 20 to 30 degrees it will cut out. So I have to give it gas. It's a good idea though, I will check all my wiring, thanks

it will cut out? like completely stall? and how quickly? and you say lean to the right, does it do anything if you just turn your handlebars to the right?

yea it stalls with in three to five seconds, no nothing happens when i turn handlebars. after it stalls I can kick start right up again. thanks jay and cros

thats pretty weird. the only thing in my little knowledge it might be is a wire grounding out.
start your bike, and slowly jiggle different parts of your wiring harness, start at the front (headlight) and work your way back.

Not unless the pin for the float has been cut and when you lean to the right the float starts to rise at a strange angle, but then you'd have the problem all the time, I had one recently where the post that holds the pin had been snapped off, but that was showing all the time, more than likely a bullet connector or a live earthing out.

Then don't lean right. Haha. I forgot what i was riding today and leaned right and scraped my exhaust on the ground. Haha...

I had that problem before with turning my bars. The slightest smallest cut will affect it. I could barely see the split in my wire and it would completely kill my bike. Fixed the wire and it doesn't happen anymore...

Posted via Mobile

thanks jaw, Well I still have not found the problem, I have been going through every wire, I'll keep you guys up dated, hopefully, it won't take much longer to find.

Hey cros, not a hole lot, I 'm in the process of replacing a wire at a time, to see if I can find the culprit. I'll keep you updated

Back