CycleGear... Anybody shop there ???

Hairyblackdude

XS650 Addict
Reaction score
Hey gang,

Curious to see if anyone shops @ a CycleGear store... ?

I used to go to my local one every week when we were riding quads.. This was about a year or 2 ago.. I always noticed that the pricing wouldnt match the shelf when the item was rung up.. It would always be an extra dollar or 2.

Not a big deal, usually dont notice until your halfway home...

We stopped riding, so I havn't been there in a while.

I was just shopping there this last weekend for some odds & ends for the bike & I left feeling like I got ripped off again..

Price on a bolt kit says $7.99, but rings up at $8.99.
Shirts on a clearance rack marked down to $13.99, but ring up at $14.99 & $20.

Out of the 4 items I purchased, 3 of them came up with bogus prices..

Just curious to see if this is an isolated incident or its how they do business..
Nothing has changed @ this store for the 1.5 years or so since Ive been there..

Thanks.
_marc

The place the in terrible here in Oregon. I went there to buy a chain, the cheapest one they had was like a $140. I went to Vicious Cycle, a more local shop, a couple days later and got one for $34.

They won't be seeing my business again.

We've got one here locally that's pretty good. They usually have some pretty decent prices and some good deals on sale items. Service is always good and the people working there all ride and will talk bikes for a while.

i wont spend much more than a couple bucks there. the guys that work there ride street bikes and seem like they're just waiting to say something when I leave. too bad street bikes dont have kickstart...

I'm generally deperate for something when I go to Cyclegear, it's out of my way and I pass two independent shops between home and work. I've bought a few things from them and the prices were OK. I never noticed any markup, but I wouldn't swear it didn't happen.
Rider

Back