Dammit, Dammit, Dammit

Call him and explain your situation. Personally, I would hold it for you as thanks for your service to our country.

Agreed, the "Service" card can/should be played in this case. I'd understand. We're dealing with the same entity that uses the phrase "army intelligence" rather loosely at times.

If he's supposed to trust you to come back with the money, then you trust him with a deposit...

While I appreciate you appreciation for my 18 years of service so far, I try not to play the service card. To me it is akin to the cute young blond playing the helpless girl card. And I can't stand that

While I appreciate you appreciation for my 18 years of service so far, I try not to play the service card. To me it is akin to the cute young blond playing the helpless girl card. And I can't stand that

Big difference...she isn't putting her life on the line for me. You are. I respect that you don't play that card though.

Plus one on a deposit. Owner is not likely to be dumb enough to farkle with a serviceman.

You'd be surprised.
I had a guy cut me off the other day then try to run me off the road because i didn't give him the lane. he pulled up next to me and started a very loud, profanity laced tirade.
He then followed me into a parking lot when i pulled off to get away from him. I saw him get out of his truck in my mirror so I got out of my car. His response to seing me in uniform was "you think a soldier scares me, i'll kick you @$$ all day long" (that IS a direct quote).
I said, "No, my being a Soldier shouldn't scare you. Now, me being a VERY successful, trained sniper who carries a concealed weapon, THAT should scare you:yikes:". He said, "Oh Fu#% you" and got back in his truck and showed me i was number one as he drove off. I had a good laugh.
And no, I am not a sniper. And yes, I do legally carry a concealed weapon and I have a VERY strong fight or flight response that leans heavily towards fight.

Did you call him? We need more xs650's on the streets of hampton roads my friend :thumbsup:. Riding solo is great, but company is appreciated

I have a VERY strong fight or flight response that leans heavily towards fight.

Then you have that in common with chimpanzees. But on the subject of your new motorcycle...whatya gonna do about that?

I'm gonna bitch, whine, moan and complain until I get my money. Then I'm going to get back in the hunt.
Until then, I'm going out in the backyard and squeeze off a few magzines worth of 9mm FMJHP ammo.

I see the listing is still there. What I would do is go to him and honestly explain my situation. That's not calling the soldier card. He can call it in his own mind if he wants to. If it gives him pleasure.

I have a Ruger .357 that everybody wants. I have a Chinese copy of a Russkie 9mm that jams every other round. I have a Mossberg 12 ga. that I use to amaze at sporting clays. My favorite of all time is my Montgomery Wards .22 made by Marlin in the '70s that would be Olympic quality if it had a better trigger. For real. But more than anything I want a copy of an ancient fllintlock rifle and a backyard that I can shoot it in.

I see the listing is still there. What I would do is go to him and honestly explain my situation. That's not calling the soldier card. He can call it in his own mind if he wants to. If it gives him pleasure.QUOTE]

Only problem is, when the Army owes you money, you never really know when you are going to get it. It might be 6 months before they "admit" to the mistake and I get my money.

Back