damn bike stalled now wont start!!!

Since you have points ignition set up I would suspect an electrical fault supplying the coils, a points system really is two complete separate ignition systems one for each cylinder.

sorry guys i hate electrical but maybe this could help here are some pics of testing the orange wire on the coil

Attachments

• wheel 257.jpg
    wheel 257.jpg
    223.9 KB · Views: 30
  • wheel 261.jpg
    wheel 261.jpg
    183.8 KB · Views: 45
  • wheel 259.jpg
    wheel 259.jpg
    190.4 KB · Views: 52
same way for the brown wire and you can see at the end of the plug. all tested with key on. the last pic is the tester i'm using just in case

Attachments

• wheel 265.jpg
    wheel 265.jpg
    216.6 KB · Views: 54
  • wheel 263.jpg
    wheel 263.jpg
    296.3 KB · Views: 55
  • wheel 262.jpg
    wheel 262.jpg
    165.7 KB · Views: 31
  • wheel 258.jpg
    wheel 258.jpg
    220.2 KB · Views: 50
  • wheel 261.jpg
    wheel 261.jpg
    183.8 KB · Views: 31
  • wheel 260.jpg
    wheel 260.jpg
    176.9 KB · Views: 44
OK you have a good tester here's the how to test the coils. Unhook both brown and orange leads turn your tester to the Ohm position.

coil test.JPG

orange to brown should read about 4 ohms

spark plug lead to orange should read about 8K ohms. test both coils, report results?

hey gggGary on my tester where should it be set at the 200 bottom position or the 20K mark 3 rd from bottom

first measurement orange to brown 200, second measurement end of spark wire (boot removed) 20K

ok so first measurement orange to brown both coils 4.2 the second measurement was from the coil where the plug wire connects was 8.2 was ignition suppose to be on or off???

Coils unplugged bike off. those numbers sound good, since your second (spark lead) measurement was on the 20,000 ohm or 20K scale it read 8,000 or 8K ohms. always add your unit of measurement after the number it helps keep what you are saying clear. So the coils test good.

so does this mean bad spark plug wires or bad plugs???? Is it safe to say everything from the coils are good so that only leaves plugs and wires???

i did what Gordon said and unscrewed the end of the plug wire where it attaches the plug held the bare wire to block nothing, screw plug into that end still nothing.

No it's not safe to say that yet. Still need to check your points and condensers.
A test light (any old 12 volt light with some wires, like a turn signal) One wire to battery hot, the other to coil orange with the orange wire plugged in, the light should go on and off as you crank or kick the bike over. check both sides.

so the orange acts as a ground??? i have a stock signal light has one + wire and is grounded to frame. connect + to + on battery and run a wire to the orange still plugged in and attach to threads should come on when cranked? right tried that and it did nothing on both sides???

The orange is grounded by the points when they are closed, when they open the field in the coil collapses causing a spark. So if the light never comes on, the points are not closing or a wire is broken or disconnected, have you looked inside the points cover?

Yes it does. When I hook + to battery and touch block with the shaft it lights. Here is my email global_maa@yahoo.ca. I'm working in backyard using blackberry and it is easier to email me direct ill post the conclusion to help out others.

well looks like i threw a cam chain. pulled off the points cover not closing or opening . so i pulled off advance cover and cam shaft not moving so looks like i threw a cam chain just hope it isn't wrapped around the cam gear

Posted via Mobile

Back